IMPETUS Afea Solver Engine
We’re happy to announce a new version of IMPETUS Afea Solver Engine. This version contains bug fixes, added functionality and improvements.
New engine commands
*PETRIFY is used to temporarily or permanently turn deformable parts into rigid bodies.
More accurate contact
*CONTACT_ACCURACY is used to locally increase the accuracy of the contact calculations. The specified levels will overrule lower accuracy levels specified in
Contact force sensor
*OUTPUT_CONTACT_FORCE acts as a contact force sensor. It samples forces and outputs the data in ASCII format (
Local material direction
*INITIAL_MATERIAL_DIRECTION_PATH is used to define local material directions in components that are modeled with one single element in thickness direction.
*GEOMETRY_COMPOSITE combines multiple sub-geometries into one, more complex, geometry.
Engine release notes v6.0.726
- *INITIAL_MATERIAL_DIRECTION_PATH: A new command to define initial material directions.
- *GEOMETRY_COMPOSITE: A new command that combines multiple sub-geometries into one, more complex, geometry.
- *OUTPUT_CONTACT_FORCE: A new command that act as a contact force sensor. It samples forces and outputs the data in ASCII format (contact_force.out).
- *VULNERABLE_AREA_ASSESSMENT: Improved geometrical accuracy.
- *PARTICLE_DOMAIN: Speed-up of particle filling process (faster initialization).
- *CONTACT_ACCURACY: New command for local control of contact accuracy parameters.
- *INITIAL_VELOCITY: Added support for velocity definition in local coordinate system.
- *PARTICLE_SPH: Improved treatment of the interaction between different SPH objects.
- *ELEMENT_REBAR: Added coupling between rebar truss elements and SPH (concrete).
- *PARTICLE_DETONATION: Added an optional parameter that limits the detonation process to one specific sub-domain ID.
- *RIGID_BODY_JOINT: Fixed bug related to large joint rotations.
- *PETRIFY: New command for deformable-to-rigid switching.
- *GEOMETRY_SEED_COORDINATE: Added part ID option.
- *REMAP: Improved interpolation scheme.
- Fixed issue with nested ~if statements.
- *PARAMETER: Improved unit system conversion capabilities.
- *REFINE: Improved capabilities for pentahedra elements.
- *PARTICLE_SPH: Bux fix in interaction between different SPH materials. Default setting was incorrectly “no tension”, which had a negative impact on shaped charge penetration capacity simulations.
- *GEOMETRY_PART: Bug fix in SPH and discrete particle filling algorithm.